Directions & Priorities
NPS Indicators into Assessment &
New NPS Factsheet
Check back often for new featured tools. Click the steps above to access more NPS tools and resources.
Plan & Implement Evidence-Based Prevention Policies & Programs
According to the NPS, aligning policies and programs at the national, state, tribal, local, and territorial levels can help ensure that prevention activities are synergistic and complementary. Building health considerations into policy and decision-making processes is essential to building the systems and environments that support implementation of NPS Strategic Directions and priorities. Use NPS recommendations and actions to prioritize planning and implementation of policy and program efforts to support the health and well being of your constituents. Resources like the Community Guide to Preventive Services can help you identify evidence-based prevention policies and programs you can implement in alignment with NPS Strategic Directions and Priorities.
>>Return to Intro
Links to Helpful Tools
- Review Effective Prevention Policies and Programs
- NACCHO's Health in All Policies Toolkit
- Leadership for Healthy Communities Action Strategies Toolkit
- Checklist for Developing a Joint Use Agreement
- Housing and Health: New Opportunities for Dialogue and Action
- Zoning Talking Points
- NACCHO's Evidence-Based Resources