Directions & Priorities
NPS Indicators into Assessment &
New NPS Factsheet
Check back often for new featured tools. Click the steps above to access more NPS tools and resources.
Forge Cross-Sector Partnerships
Carrying out NPS Strategic Directions and Priorities requires partnerships among diverse-sector stakeholders. LHDs can follow the recommendations in the NPS to identify and engage a wide range of potential partners in prevention. For example, the NPS offers specific recommendations for the following:
- businesses and employers
- healthcare systems, insurers, and clinicians
- early learning centers, schools, colleges, and universities
- community, non-profit, and faith-based organizations
- individuals and families
The NPS also offers useful guidance about the roles various types of partners can play and data about the economic benefits of prevention.
>>Return to Intro
Links to Helpful Tools
Solving Problems through Cross-Sector Partnerships
- Webinar: NPS at the Local Level, Part I
- Webinar: NPS at the Local Level, Part II
- NPS "Partners Can" Factsheets
- Partners in Prevention: NPS Guidance
- Economic Benefits of Preventing Disease
- A Guide for Local and State Leaders Working to Create Healthy Communities
- Moving Forward to Equity in Health: What Kind of Intersectoral Action is Needed?