CONSULT YOUR CHA/CHIP
WRITE A PROBLEM STATEMENT
WRITE SMART GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
REVIEW AND SELECT STRATEGIES
PLAN TO ADAPT AND IMPLEMENT THE STRATEGY
IMPLEMENT AND EVALUATE THE STRATEGY
Save Time Carrying out Evidence-Based Public Health with The Community Guide
Using evidence-based public health approaches can help local health departments (LHDs) ensure the efficacy and efficiency of the strategies they choose to implement. NACCHO recommends LHDs use The Community Guide, a free resource designed to help identify evidence-based programs, practices, and policies, to save time in planning evidence-based prevention efforts.
Using the Resource Center
Click any of the 6 Steps Above to learn how you can integrate evidence into your prevention efforts, and consult The Community Guide in the process. To learn more about The Community Guide and its recommendations, please click here.
Use the Community Guide to:
- Save time in program planning;
- Identify cost-effective programs;
- Strengthen grant proposals with evidence;
- Mobilize community stakeholders.
- Download NACCHO’s Framework for Evidence-Based Decision Making Learn more
- Learn What Works - Visit The Community Guide Website
- NACCHO’s Evidence-Based Decision Making Action Plan template Learn more
- LHD Evidence-Based Practice Success Stories
- Leverage Fiscal Resources for Evidence-Based Public Health
- Train LHD Staff to Undertake Evidence-Based Public Health Learn more
- Gain political support for evidence-based policies Coming soon
- Make the Case for Evidence-Based Strategies Coming soon
- Evidence-Based Time Savers Coming soon